Saturday, August 6, 2016

Genevieve is a Sewing Teacher

When her friend came over, Genevieve offered to teach her to sew.  I lurked around to listen and then finally asked if I could snap some photos.  It was so precious and hilarious to hear Genevieve passing on sewing information - she is entirely self-taught, despite my no-strings-attached offers to teach her what I know about sewing.  

 I even made a Pinterest board a few years ago, with high hopes of having lessons such as piano lessons. Genevieve generally uses tape, the stapler, and hair ties to force her fabric into what she has in mind.  This time, she showed her friend how to hand sew with needle and thread.

  The best way to learn anything is to teach it to someone else!

3 comments:

jenny_o said...

"Tape, stapler and hair ties" - that is hilarious!! And so nice of her to help a friend learn a new skill. You are right about teaching, too.

Becky said...

It's true the best way to learn something is to teach someone else!
I may know how to sew, but I still sometimes revert to using tape, staples and hair ties to hold clothes together. G isn't that far off...

BLD in MT said...

That is awesome. Good for them!