Friday, September 30, 2011

A Nightdress Case

Does anybody really use dresser scarves anymore?  I remember my mother teaching me how to dust, and how annoyed I was that I had to take everything off that thing, take it outside and shake it, dust off all my little girl sundries, and set it all back up again.  I have dispensed with the dresser scarves in my home. . . .but!  they are so pretty!

I have made some into nightdress cases, a lovely idea I found in Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.  (I should start calling what I wear to bed "my nightdress" to add more elegance to my life).

The latest one is in the shop.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Oooh, I love that idea too.

And I love REBECCA - the book/movie. So good!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Rebecca is one of my favorite books ever. Now that you've mentioned it I must read it again.

You nightdress case is beautiful!

Sarah Barry said...

such a pretty nightdress case!

i have Rebecca {the movie} at my house right now. i should read the book.

Nightdresses said...

This is a brilliant idea, I love it!