Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ben's Job

This was Ben's idea - I think it started because the trash cans have wheels.  He is entranced by wheels.  I would not have thought of this job for a 3 1/2 year old.

He pulls the empty trashcans in from the curb


the whole way back to their hiding place.


Our house is three apartments - we live in one - so he gets to pull two or three trashcans every week, plus heft a few recycling bins.


He loves it.  I love seeing his eager face and his satisfaction at doing a real, helpful job. 


Before Ben, my husband and I would put off bringing in the trashcans, just pulling them into the passageway in front of the gate; sometimes they would stay there until the next trash day, blocking any stray idea to wheel out our bikes.  It's amazing the energy a household gets from doing jobs in a timely manner! 

5 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Smile. My boys love this job as well.

Kristen said...

That is amazing! That is so great that he is so proud of himself, and what a great help to you!

BLD in MT said...

Well, that is just plain awesome. Good for Ben!

Beth said...

this is fun to see.

I don't know what I'd do without my girls' help!

Lisa said...

What a good boy!