Friday, August 5, 2011

A Van Gogh Bouquet

The gorgeous colors of high summer.


And a watermelon, avocado and feta salad for lunch.  Sprinkled with snipped herbs and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.  I expected to love it, but it was only ok.  Very pretty, however.


Watermelon seems to be turning up in all kinds of recipes this summer.  Rebecca told me about a watermelon and corn salad she made the other day.  Reminds me of how strawberries crossed over into salads - was that in the 90s?  My, I wonder what combination is coming next.

5 comments:

Jennifer Jo said...

I tried a watermelon salad once, and while I really wanted to like it, I didn't. Such a disappointment, that was.

Unknown said...

Happy colors! I've been enjoying just plain watermelon this summer ; )

Tracy said...

That salad is beautiful! Too bad it wasn't as tasty. I have a very hard time picking good watermelon, and more often than not opt for cantaloupe instead.

Kay S. said...

Try the salad with watermelon, feta, arugula, and purple onions with a white balsamic dressing. I think the bite from the arugula is what you are missing.

Anonymous said...

I love your flowers. Watermelon seems to be very popular lately I agree. We might actually have some from our garden this year - a first!