Thursday, May 19, 2011

Enchiladas the Fast and Easy Way

Just don't bother to roll the tortillas around the filling. My corn tortillas would always unroll or ooze filling or some other annoying thing.  Layer the tortillas with the filling and put the sauce (or not) on the top and call it an "enchilada bake" to be proper.  Almost like a Latino lasagne.  You've got all the delicious flavors and textures, just not the humps of the rolls. 

And while we're on the subject of tortillas, thanks to friends Marlisa and Daryl for this tip:  buy a big pack of corn tortillas at the Latino grocery and just put that bag in the freezer.  Anytime you want tortillas, you just wiggle some off or drive a table knife down inbetween a chunk, warm them up, and hey presto, tortillas.  Much better than the times I've tried to make them myself or the measly grocery store 10-packs I would often forget to buy anyway.

3 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

How timely is your tip... I'm planning to make black bean enchiladas this morning for a preschool covered-dish lunch today!

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

This looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Yummy - thanks! This post just woke me up to the fact that I need to go make dinner (darn vortex of the computer, sucked me in again.)