Saturday, May 15, 2010

In Which We Hang a Picture

It's not easy to hang pictures at our house - my husband and I rarely agree on placement and density, much less the picture.

But after some rearranging of space, the corner by our front door was looking terribly bare.

We hung a picture!



Picture bought in India by my husband's grandparents.

Inlaid desk made by my husband's great grandfather.

Braided rug on the beat-it-up-we-have-kids Ikea chair made by my great great grandfather.

Lamp, wedding gift.

Ignore the phone.

Now that I see the photo, I think the picture should be hung a bit lower. . .but nevermind, I'm scheming about other bare walls.

5 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

What a charming corner featuring beautiful items. I think the picture is placed nicely where it is. My husband does all of our picture hanging (and most of our "decorating" for that matter) -- it's a blessing that I'm far less opinionated than he is when it comes to the house.

Laura said...

The corner looks perfect and your picture is at the right height for enjoying it.

Margo said...

Christian, blessing is right! Your husband has excellent taste, from what I've seen.

Deanna Beth said...

Maybe on a visit east, I can wrangle a peek at your whole place. I'm a poor visualizer and can't fit the photos together of your pretty interiors.

Margo said...

Deanna Beth, of course! And thanks for the compliment.