Monday, December 14, 2009

3 Meals for 4 People from 1 Roast

Even though it sounds like me, I honestly did not try to make 3 meals out of this roast (and 2 of my 4 people are under age 5).

But a week ago, I put a beef roast in the crockpot with potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and pretty baby carrots (as in not-cut-out-of-big-ones - REAL baby carrots). So we had a dignified Sunday dinner.

Then I used those leftover vegetables, a few pieces of roast, and gravy to make shepherd's pie a few nights later.

And I still had a chunk of roast left.

So I turned to Mennonite Country Style and made "All-Purpose Barbeque Sauce." And also made whole wheat sandwich buns.



We ate our sandwiches with oven sweet potato fries and pepper cabbage. Everyone was very happy. . . .

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Looks delicious! I'm glad to hear that you've joined the blogging world. I wish I had more time to craft like you, but am having to put it on the back burner right now w/ unpacking and all. I'll definitely be back to see what new thing you're creating :).

Jenni from Life from the Roof

Anonymous said...

....And thanks for the recipe tips. Our bbq beef turned out great with your modifications. DH (smirk) had two enormous sandwiches. We had sauteed kale as our go-with. PITNS (pain in the neck son) drowned his in Worcestershire sauce and then proceeded to gag and grimace his way through his serving.

-R